You have a passion for helping others thrive.
The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders and Special Education at Valdosta State offers you the hands-on experience you need to help patients/students of all ages live their lives to the fullest, with bachelor, master, and doctorate degree programs. Here, you'll prepare for careers as teachers, special educators, speech and hearing therapy. As students, you work alongside practicing clinical supervisors to prevent, assess, diagnose and treat speech, language, social communication, cognitive-communication, swallowing disorders, and school subjects. The Ed.S. and the SLPD, however, focuses on knowledge and skills necessary for leadership roles and advanced teaching positions in special education and advanced clinical positions in speech language pathology. Start your journey today by selecting one of our highly competitive programs below.
- Bachelor of Science in EducationCommunication Disorders
- Master of EducationCommunication Disorders
- Master of Arts in TeachingSpecial Education: Adapted Curriculum
- Master of Arts in TeachingSpecial Education: General Curriculum
- Education SpecialistSpecial Education
- Doctor of Speech-Language PathologyCommunication Sciences and Disorders