Welcome to Valdosta State University’s Graduate Assistantship program information page! VSU’s graduate assistantships are designed to promote the research, teaching, and service responsibilities of the University and to provide students with valuable professional development opportunities while earning a graduate degree. Therefore, the graduate assistantship involves the dual responsibilities of maintaining a satisfactory academic performance and of successfully performing the assigned teaching, research, or other responsibilities.
THE BEST NEWS ABOUT OUR ASSISTANTSHIPS - TUITION IS REDUCED in the following manner for both in-state and out-of-state students (effective Fall 2011):
- FALL and SPRING: A GA will receive a tuition waiver after payment of the first $38 in tuition each semester for a total of up to 15 credit hours in the fall and 15 credit hours in the spring. Any additional credits taken will be charged to the GA at the in-state rate.
- SUMMER: A GA will receive a tuition waiver after payment of the first $38 in tuition for a total of up to 9 credit hours in the summer (semester I, II, III, IV). Any additional credits taken will be charged to the GA at the in-state rate.
Students are also responsible for paying all other fees (i.e. athletic, activity, transportation, health clinic, health insurance premiums, etc.). Students are also responsible for their own living expenses and books.
**Attention: Please direct all assistantship inquiries to Michelle Jordan (firstname.lastname@example.org).**
- Prospective Graduate Assistants
- Newly Appointed or Current Graduate Assistants
- Supervisors of Graduate Assistants
- The graduate student must be accepted as either “Regular” or “Probationary” in an approved graduate degree or post-master’s program at VSU. Students classified as either “Irregular” or “Non-Degree” are not eligible for an assistantship.
- For the second year graduate student, satisfactory progress toward the degree must be evidenced by the completion of a minimum of 12 semester hours (6 hours minimum per term) with at least a 3.0 cumulative grade-point average.
- Graduate Teaching Assistants who will have the primary responsibility of teaching a course (the instructor of record) and assigning final grades must have earned at least 18 semester hours in their teaching discipline.
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA. 31698
Monday-Thursday: 8 AM - 5:30 PM
Friday: 8 AM - 3 PM
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698